Monday, January 2, 2012

A question?

JohnnyDMay made the following comment on the GG at Maui video I have uploaded.

"That little bog-down at 0:16, that's one thing that irks me on a mat. Often difficult to regain speed and susceptible to the wave's will. Good to see I'm not the only one."

My reply was that I thought it had more to do with the mat outrunning the power spot on the wave and the mat waits for the wave to catch up.

NathanOJ then commented also with the following.

"Regarding those odd stalls, running a soft mat which buckles on hitting a chop might also momentarily apply the brakes? Or when you get a bounce on...oof!...mat bends (perhaps through rider's reaction to the impact), ploughs water and stalls. Just to play devil's advocate, outrunning the power spot kind of contradicts the mats supposed ability to skim flat spots?? Though there's 'skinny weak as sh*t flat' and 'flat' but with power drawing from down deep...those we fly on. I'm on my second Neumatic after 6 yrs matting. Currently on the Sunshine Coast QLD."

So I am calling for more opinions on this. Have a look at the footage and then let us know what you think.


1 comment:

  1. He skates, then bounces, and the mat lands pretty hard flat on the water just before that stall...that oughta do it! I'll have to consciously try and remember the circumstances next time I stall.
    JonnyDmay (aka nathanoj)

    ReplyDelete