Saturday, September 8, 2012

Surf mags? They just don't seem relevant anymore!

Yesterday, I accompanied Michelle in to town so as she could get a haircut. I went along as I just needed to get out of the house and intended to mooch around the main street until she had been shorn. In this situation in the past, I have always headed straight to the newsagency to check out the surf magazines. I am on the lookout to pick up the latest edition of The Surfer's Path or Surfing World, the best quality of the Aussie mags. Well, they were both there but as I flicked through them I realised they just didn't seem relevant anymore. Even though I still enjoy watching the WCT events live when they are on, I seem to have lost my interest in reading about that style of surfing. So, I went out of the store empty handed and bemoaning the fact that there is no magazine titled "Surf Mat Rider" :-(
Well, not at this point in time anyway. Wink, wink nudge, nudge!
When I got home, my disappointment was a little assuaged as I amused myself using a great little Photoshop alternative for the Mac, Pixelmator, to clean up this pic of Daniel Thomson at Swami's from January this year. I think I managed to give his goatee a bit more authority! He was out there surfing one of his old man's mats with mates Taylor Knox and Rob Machado, who also happens to own a surf mat.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I just recycled a big stack of Surfer and Surfing mags I had laying around. I never go back and reread any of them. Nothing there of interest, mostly a clothing catalog for kids anyway.

    ReplyDelete