Saturday, June 23, 2012
Ride mats in Australia?
The main reason for changing the name of this blog was to give it a wider but more localised Australian focus. So with your cooperation, I hope it will also feature the people who choose to ride surf mats in this region as well as stuff about myself and what is going on in the mat riding world.
If you would like to participate, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be great if you provided answers to some or all of the following questions and a pic or two of course is most important. This way we can build up a bit of a picture of the extent of mat riding in this region of the world and the characters who choose to ride them. The more of you who are willing to take the time to do so, the richer, more interesting and relevant the blog becomes.
1. Who you are (real name and mat riding nickname if applicable)
2. What mat/s you ride
3. What area you ride waves in
4. Wave type in your area
5. If you rode surfboards before you took up mat riding or not
6. How often you are choosing to ride your mat/s
7. Are there any other mat riders where you surf or are you on your own in the main
8. What it is about mats that makes you want to ride them
9. A description of any particularly interesting interaction you have had with riders of other surf craft
10. Anything else you would like to say